The Ghost of Ulm

The last bus has already left. Well, it's not the first time I need to walk home through dark forest.
I can see the stars today. I can't recognize any of the constellations but I need to walk watching the stars because it's to scary to look around.

One tree asks me "Do you want me to hug you?". I run away, but the next one manages to capture me. I hug it back: maybe poor tree really needs me. The tree tells me that I am the best Ruby ever. I wonder how many Rubies did it have? I ran away from it as well but it started to throw leaves on me. The leaves touch me gently and whisper "Don't leave us, Ruby." I continue walking and then they start boxing and kicking on my nose shouting "don't go away, you motherfucker."
Finally, I left the zone of leaves and trees is behind. And here I am, in my favorite place.

When there is no fog, I look at the warm lights of the city for few minutes. And when there's fog, I become a ghost and diffuse in the mist. But only for few minutes. Then self-organize and walk through the field.



Another tree. It's a thick tree and luckily doesn't want to hug me. But someone is hiding behind. It's a witch: she slaughters the Ball-Cat. I met Ball couple of days ago: he's the forest cat.
I turn off my flashlight. I am also ark, I am also a cat, I don't want to be witch's next victim. The field is the shortest way home. It's cold, it won't be muddy. But when I step on it, I sink in it up to my throat.
" Help, hilfe..."
But no, it's like in those dreams when you want to cry but you are not able to make a single noise.

" Are you alive, Ball?"
" I was sacrificing the witch so new witch would be born."
" Am I the new witch? Will you be my cat then?"
" No, from today you are mine. My human."

The wolves are howling far away. They call someone's name: Gago...

" Ball, you know who is Gago?"
" Yeah, he was my dinner"
" Was he a chicken?"
" A werewolf."
" Will you eat me as well?"
" Sure, if you won't eat me before I eat you. Goodbye, witch."

I search for the knife in my pocket, but of course I left it at home. I can hear some man in black arguing about something. All I can understand from quarrel is "Blut, Blut." They have big cars. Tomorrow is the international day agains AIDS, they want to steal blood from blood drive. And my blood is still warm.

I am dark, the night is dark. I diffuse into the night and the wind takes me far away from those vampires.
" They sense the temperature. Your method didn't work" tells the Ball from top of the Minster.
" They didn't see me"
" Because you are not a human, you are a green fluorescent witch. Your blood will poison them"

I continue with a long way assuming that it would be safer when I walk near houses. The stone hedgehog cannot decide whether it wants to attack or no. Will someone come if I scream?

 The Demon-Snake is lying on the street.
"How did you come? You are from Armenia"
"I am a guard of the Armenian gene" he says and takes me across the street on his back.

It's again a ghoul afterparty. Every fuckin Wednesday and Sunday. Aren't they tired? Whose corpse they are eating tonight?

The corridor slides under my feet. Silverfishes are waiting for me.
" I always wanted to ask you why do they call you silver fish when you are a cockroach?"
"Just for you to ask questions"
" Get out of my room."
" Ruby, you are so nice. Don't tell Hausmeister about us. We want to live."

I throw my coat and boots in the middle of the room. Then I see the lonely trees, witches, vampires and ghouls sitting next to me. I put them on my shelf hoping that they will get along with Kinder Surprise toys.

One day I will be the Ghost of Ulm.




Comments

Ամենաշատ ընթերցված

Բուհական կրթության տարբերություններ. Գերմանիա և Հայաստան

ԴԱՎԱԴՐՈՒԹՅԱՆ ԹԱՎՇՅԱ ՏԵՍՈՒԹՅՈՒՆ

Անկշռություն

Ամանորյա հեքիաթ կամ բոմժի քրոնիկները

Մյունխենից Ուլմ կամ տեղափոխվելու տառապանքը